Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sending Out an SOS!

After I posted the blog entry for yesterday we quickly went downhill…like downhill on a bobsled on Mt Everest! Hence, no pictures on this blog post!

Davis had diarrhea again and crippling stomach pains. My mom started with diarrhea and nausea. Davis was crying because he only wants me to wipe him and lay with him. They were fighting over our 1 toilet for a few hours! In between Davis’ bouts of diarrhea and my moms, I tried to get Leah to sleep. She took 3 hours total to fall asleep. She fell asleep multiple times falling only to wake up again when I put her in her crib. The “crib” that I thought we were getting is basically a cradle and she can crawl out of it. We also don’t have a rocking chair to be able to sit and rock her so we are getting major leg and arm workouts.

Can I give all 3 of them back to the babyhouse? I can leave now that I signed the birth certificate, right? Where’s Milon????

Actually, I don’t want Milon here either. He landed safe and sound but had to take Immodium the whole way home. Yes, he has it also! On a 17 hour plane ride! What is wrong with these weak people! I guess I am the only one with an immune system!

Last night, Davis’ stomach did get better and I just gave up on putting Leah to bed. The two of them sat on the floor playing. Yes, after I gave up they did great! It was 11pm before Leah fell asleep! She only wants to be held. Her eyes pop right back open the second I lay her down. Finally, I tried laying her down, slowly taking one hand out, kept the cradle rocking and then took my hand out behind her neck. Even with this her eyes popped back open but closed again! I have already found the trick to putting Leah to sleep. Go into a pitch black room so she can’t see anything! She is more interested in Davis and her surroundings than sleeping! Leah slept from 11pm until 7am. Not too shabby! Davis was up off and on all night.

Leah and I had to go get her picture taken for her passport. I didn’t want to reschedule because I believe this is one of the important factors in us being able to leave! Gulnara said we could leave Aktobe on the 24th for Almaty. 10 more days! Grrr!

Well gotta go run to the grocery store while Leah is asleep and Davis and my mom are not on the toilet!

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Sounds like things are dire at base camp. Wish I could help. Just remember that your Mt. Everest is when you land at RDU with Leah in your arms. We will fly the flags and celebrate your goal. Your adventure is almost over. Keep strong and know we are all thinking of you.

Alysa said...

Oh misery! I hope everyone gets to feeling better soon. Leah will calm down within a few days and sleep better. Everything is so new for her that if she sleeps she might miss something!

Unknown said...

ugh. i am soo sorry to hear. do the BRAT diet, if you can find bananas, rice, apples and toast. now you know how i was will ella, wanting to be held all of the time, he, he! The pitch black room sounds like a plan girl!!! Good luck and no, they all must stay with you. I will pray you don't get sick...
love ya, Lynne

Nicole - Raising Animals said...

OH no Susan! It's been a while since I've keeps up with blogs but I was so happy to see a "Gotcha Day" title! But in the same breath, I'm so sorry that you're all sick. We had a family on our Vietnam trip do the same thing.
I hope things clear up for you guys soon and rest is smooth sailing!!

~HUGS from Oregon~