Sunday, March 8, 2009

Day 14

GiGi and Susan did not sleep well last night so they crashed early. The blog duties have been left to me so it’s going to be brief. Don’t worry, Susan will be back tomorrow.

Today is Sunday so we only had one visit in the morning. GiGi and I took Davis to the babyhouse so that Susan could relax for a little bit. Leah was dressed like Strawberry Shortcake and was her normal smiley self despite still have a runny nose. It was at least clear so I hope she’s near the end of the cold. Davis spent most of the visit building a fort with the little chairs under the table. It’s funny to see the reactions of the different nannies to Davis’ creations/mess. Some of them smile and play with him for a second while others just walk through shaking their head. We always clean up so I don’t know why they seem to care.



After lunch Susan and her mom went to the “Alia” indoor market behind the soccer stadium. Davis and I spent the time trying to find a place to hang the Johnny-Jump-Up. Door jambs without trim and concrete walls made that task much harder than it sounds. We were finally able to bend open an I-hook in the kitchen doorway that will work. I think Leah will absolutely love jumping in it if we can keep Davis out of it. He likes getting in it even though it is way too low for him. He even wanted to eat his dinner in it.

Later in the afternoon, we all went over to visit Evi, Michel and Mila (couple from Belgium) on their last day in Aktobe. They leave for Almaty tomorrow morning and if things go well will be back in Belgium by the end of the week. It was great to see them again and we wish them the best of luck!

On the way back from their apartment we stopped and picked up meat pies for dinner. I was very happy with this dinner choice and GiGi wanted to try them. She agrees with me that they are very good. I’m even working on getting Davis to eat them.

No comments: