Sunday, March 29, 2009

Angel Vs Devil

This is what I have been feeling like lately. The devil telling me "Susan, you have been away from home for so long, you deserve to leave early...even if it's 1 day and more expensive. Just do it!' Then the Angel saying " Yes, but you have spent so much money already, how bad is staying 1 extra day?" Then the Devil says, "Yes, but that flight gets you home when Davis is still up so he can pick you up from the airport." Angel says " Yes, but the earlier flight doesn't have 2 extra seats beside you." Devil says "Yes, but Elise is on that flight so you will have someone to fly to Frankfurt with."

Okay, enough with that...see where I am going.

Well my friends, the devil has spoken and I shall listen. I am leaving early! Yes, I will arrive in RDU at 7:40pm! It does mean that i have to be at the airport at midnight but who cares, I will be heading home!

Something funny happened last night around 2am. I have been sleeping with 2 pillows and grabbed one to turn over. Next thing I know the pillow broke in half and feathers spilled everywhere! I had to turn on the light and carefully take the covers off and the sheet to contain the feathers. I grabbed the camera to take a picture because it looked like I had killed a chicken in my bed! In one picture below, the other half of the pillow still has the pillowcase on it in the top left hand side!

We went for a walk today and Leah has a new habit of pulling off her hat. She pulled it off while we were walking and dropped it without me seeing it. I noticed that the hat was missing when we got back to the entrance of the apartment, raced back along our tracks to see if I could find it. Literally, it had only been maybe 2 minutes from the time I knew she had the hat on, till I noticed it missing. I traced back the steps and the hat was already gone! I was so upset because this is the same hat I had been taking all of her pictures in at the babyhouse. I wanted it for a keepsake! I will have to run out to Children’s Place and see if they still have one when I get home.

Leah is a Christina Aguilara fan. She is into the music videos! I was flipping through the channels and heard one of Christina’s songs. Leah crawls over to the TV and stands up and starts singing with her! So I then left the music channel on and she entertained herself for 30 minutes! That is how much this child loves music!

We met up with Elise who adopted her daughter Sabina who is 3 yrs old. What a sweet and cute girl! We went to the Ramstore Mall and killed sometime looking around and had dinner. We got pizza and Sabina loved it! She ate 2 slices! Her mom and I shared war stories, personal stories, and mommy stories. Leah only sat still for 2 things. To chew on my watch, and eat a piece of bread. I am glad I didn't look down until after I had finished eating because there was a roach eating bread that had fallen on the floor. YUCK! We are meeting up with them tomorrow which will be fun.

2 comments:

Regina said...

An understandable decision. One day makes a huge difference when you are this cooked! I'm happy for you and hope your trip is smooth sailing!

It's definitely time to come home since you've taken to the Kaz custom of killing a chicken in your bed! ;-)

Those bathtub photos of Leah are so sweet! She is such beautiful little girl. I'm sure her sleeping habits will even out soon enough.

I hope your foot is feeling better and you're able to make it out and about again soon.

Mom said...

And the countdown begins and on one hand no less! Oh Susan, we just can't wait for you and Leah to arrive home. We are so excited! We have missed you so much.

It will be so nice to see you and Milon open your door with Davis and Leah by your sides.....a story book ending!