Thursday, March 19, 2009

Abandon Ship

Well, Leah and I are all alone in the Land of Kaz. Davis woke up excited and ready to go. He barely said goodbye to me! I, on the other hand, had a more difficult time seeing them leave. I have never been away from him for this long! But for his sake, I am glad he is getting back to his normal routine, daddy, friends and toys. I have already heard from them and they made it to Almaty safe and sound. They now spend the night in a hotel and leave at 4:10am for the flight home.

I had to go with Ainura last night to a notary. She informed me that Kazakhstan would not allow my mom to leave the country with Davis! I never would have thought of that but Milon called United Airlines and they said she needed a Power of Attorney. Thank you Ainura!! The notary and his friend were 22 yr old guys who were very interested in America! I felt like I was on trial he asked so many questions. If I liked President Obama, Did I like George Bush, What was my religion, How is Kazakhstan different than the US, Did I like Kazakhstan, Why was I adopting from here. He even asked if I would adopt him and take him back to the US with me! He said they don’t get many foreigners here and like to hear about other parts of the world.

It is already easier here. Leah and I spent the most of the day just playing. She is a total ham. I will treasure this alone time with her and feel we will really be able to further bond. Especially since she is use to seeing many faces at the babyhouse. Now she will wake up to just me everyday!

I will admit I will be lonely though. Please keep emails coming so I have something to do! It will also be difficult to get to the grocery store and take the trash out. It is hard to hold her in a snowsuit and carry trash. Actually, it is even difficult to lock the steel door to our apt! I am going to try to do 1 thing everyday. Today, we took the trash out. Whoohoo!

I can’t get over how lucky we are to have her. She is a wonderful baby! She goes to sleep on her own, is happy when she is up, is always trying to get your attention to make funny faces with her! She loves to dance! If you sing she sways with the song! She can imitate any sound or movement you do. She is so smart and inquisitive.

We are already into a routine and she eats like a champ! I really think she eats more in a day than Davis. She is a wonderful chewer. I give her a shortbread cookie and she does great with it! The beef stew she loves is also very chunky. I think she prefers the chunkier texture. Here is our new schedule and she is like clock work!

7:00 Wake up and bottle
7:30 Cereal and fruit
9:00 Yogurt and water
9:30 Naps for 1.5 hrs
11-11:30 play
11:30 Lunch
12-1 Play
1:00 Nap for 2 hours
3:00 Bottle
4:00 fruit
5:30 Dinner (stew and fruit)
6:00 Cookie (while I eat in Johnny jump up!)
7:00 Bottle
7:30 Bed

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! enjoy your time with Leah and maybe take a rest when she naps... or email:) Good luck and be careful, of course. She is such a happy little one, and I know all she is seeing is your smiles. keep us posted and can't wait to get you two home too!
love, Lynne
PS Those dark "potatoes" scare me.