Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Aktobe... Take 2

Wow, the time has flown by. It is a strange feeling to be excited to get back to get Leah and have this all behind us, but at the same time, not want to leave home! The best thing for us is to take 1 day at a time and not look at the whole 6 weeks!

Right now, I am concentrating on the dreaded airplane trip! We were able to book all the flights with frequent flier miles. This is great because it was cheap, but is bad because if our return date changes we lose the miles and have to rebook either with new miles or money. We all have return tickets for April 3rd. My mom and Davis will come back regardless then. Leah and I might have to wait a day or two more if things don't go as planned (which I am totally expecting)! I do believe I have the short end of the deal! Davis will be much easier than Leah to entertain!

Milon leaves Friday for Chicago at 11:30 and Davis and I leave at 5:30. We then meet up in Chicago and take the rest of the journey together. These were the only flights available.

Milon returns to the US on March 6th and my mom makes her way over on March 4th and gets in Aktobe on March 6th.

I have packed my luxury items. Coffee press, 7 bags of coffee, and powdered cream! I just know that if I don't get a good cup of coffee in the morning, the day will stink, so I am best to bring my own! I am debating on bringing the fitted sheet! For those that remember, they don't use fitted sheets and I slept on the mattress most night! Gross! If we have room I will bring it, if not, I think I might steal the sheet off Davis bed (he doesn't use it anyway) and let him sleep under just a blanket and put that sheet on our bed as well. We could overlap them so we could tuck the sides in!

The Belgium couple that I met over the Internet is in Aktobe now waiting their 15 day appeal period. They were very kind and sent me pics of Leah! She looks the exact same....other than her head being shaved again! Enjoy!



Our journey continues and will post as soon as we get to Aktobe!


2 comments:

Regina said...

I hear they shave their heads because they believe it makes their hair grow in thicker. Leah still looks gorgeous of course!

Bon voyage and thanks again for taking photos of Milo! I look forward to following the rest of your adventures!

Unknown said...

Leah is gorgeous! Good luck and can't wait to have ya'll back in the US. And Ella and I were sooo happy to have seen you at Target the day you left... it was fate for us to give you bon voyage huggies! xoxo