Sunday, November 9, 2008

Are We Getting Close?

Our agency said the next 'batch" of kids should come off the registry the second half of November and we should travel quickly after that. Hopefully a girl will be coming off at that point! I have a good feeling about it because another couple from Belgium that is going to Aktobe just got there travel dates for Nov 20th! It would be nice to meet someone else while over their.

Another reason I feel it's coming is my laptop crashed and Davis and I are sick. We just went out and bought a "back-up" laptop and Davis and I are on antibiotics but I don't feel any better and neither does he! The new laptop does work though!

I just finished the rest of the paperwork needed. So we are all set and ready to go!

I even bought bedding for her daybed if she is older (and a throw rug and curtains)! I am not taking down the crib though until I know for sure how old she will be. I figured she would eventually use the bedding anyway so better to be prepared.

We figured that in order to be here for Christmas we need to leave by Dec 8th. That way we will be in between trips during Christmas. I really don't care about missing Thanksgiving...Davis wouldn't eat Turkey and stuffing anyway!

I can't post pics on this new computer yet, but as soon as I do I have some really funny Halloween pics to post!

2 comments:

Alysa said...

Sounds like you'll be on your way soon! Woo-hoo! Great that you have all your paperwork ready too.

Good news is that if your sick now and the laptop crashed now, maybe none of that will happen when you get The Call or while you're traveling!

Can't wait to see the Halloween pics and a pic of the "old" you!

Angela said...

What wonderful news! I've been thinking about you since you had hoped for Nov. I hope you get your dates soon. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you prepare.

Fingers crossed,
Angela