Sunday, October 12, 2008

Back to the Old Me

Well this post has more than one meaning. Most importantly, I am out of my rut from my last post. We are getting close and I am going to try and keep busy until we get the call.

I am up to 35 words/phrases in Russian! I have "almost" gotten the throw-up smell out of our SUV and helped Davis get marbles out of his hinny. Yes, I did say marbles in his hinny. Milon and I were so excited when Davis played in his toy room for nearly 30 mins. I walked in to make sure he was okay when I saw him give me this guilty look. I asked what he did and he handed me a marble and said he put them in his hinny....WHAT??? After Milon and I tried very hard to conceal our out of control laughter, I gave him a baby laxative and out came 2 marbles.

The other meaning of this post is on Wed, I am getting my hair highlighted blonde again! YEAH! I have never had brown hair until 7 months ago (can't believe I have lived with this hair that long) I decided to go back natural and be brown. I have hated it every since! I thought I would get use to it but continue to not recognize myself! I don't feel like me, so off I go to get it back to "me"

I met a great resource the other day at a play place in Apex called "The Hoppers House". As strange as it sounds I recognized the couple and their kids from their blog! I bet they didn't know they'd be famous:> They adopted 2 adorable children from Kazakhstan. They also brought their son along with them on their trip so they will be a great resource to answer all of the questions I still have! I won't mention their names in case they don't want to be known, but I did invite them to read our blog!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Hi! It was nice meeting you too and I do hope we can be of some help with your upcoming journey to Kaz! I can't wait to follow along. Even more, I can't wait till you get your kiddo home so we can have some play dates.

I know the wait can be excruciating, but you are almost there. Hang in there.

Take care,
Angela
Mom to Izaak (a. 6/2006) and Aaliya (a. 5/2008), Both from Uralsk.

Alysa said...

The marble story is pretty funny! I've heard swallowing, but not the other way around!

My hairdresser messed up and turned me from a dark blonde into a brunette in the space of 5 minutes a year ago. I waited about 4 months to "undo" it and become a blonde again. I know just what you mean by not recognizing yourself!

I hope you hear good news and get to travel soon! I'm excited to hear about your Aqtobe adventures.

Remember to take some large plastic cups -- the red or blue plastic party ones are great. The apartment you will most likely stay in has tiny, tiny drinking glasses. It drove me nuts my first trip. I did buy a couple of medium sized glass ones that should still be there.

Also, the washing machine doesn't seem to handle liquid detergent well. You can buy powdered kinds, including Tide, at the local market. And don't bring any favorite clothes. They do get trashed in the hard, mineral laden water. Everything remotely white is yellow and the fabric will never be quite the same! I've worn the same 4 tops each trip.

Unknown said...

Gosh, you are getting some great advice... we hope you hear soon and can be on your way to getting your daughter!!!! we love you all!

Lynne:)