Thursday, November 13, 2008

Crashed and Initiated

So I found out I have been officially initiated into the "almost ready to travel club". Thanks Alysa for sharing. Apparently, most people experience computer crashes right before they get their travel dates. Yeah! We passed the test...the computer on the other hand well, the motherboard went bad. But the good news is my ingenious husband found a way to renew our warranty with Dell for $43 and they are sending us a new motherboard! The computer is just over 1 yr old so we were devastated for it to crash so early!

Tick-tock, tick-tock is about all I hear all day! These days are becoming very LONG! Thanks to Regina's blog and careful calculations, I am anxious for a phone call up until 12:00 and after that I figure if I haven't heard anything than all bets are off for that day. I am also not on guard on the weekends because I figure no one is working to get a call!

I have finished Xmas shopping, and as soon as the Xmas trees are out I think we will put one up just so Davis has a little "extra" time to enjoy Xmas.

That's all folks for today!

2 comments:

Alysa said...

So glad you were able to get your laptop fixed so quickly! Very frustrating to have it crash so soon and starts a panic when you think you could get The Call any day! I remember all too well!

I went with the noon deadline too, but then got The Call at 1:50pm. Okay, I'm on Mountain Time, so that would be about noon Eastern. Guess Regina's calculations still hold!

Sounds like you are ready to go! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Regina said...

Tick tock!!! Sounds like it's almost time to hop on that plane.

I'm trying to remember what time I got the call and I can't! I think it was around 11 am though.

I'm glad your computer is up and running again -- it will be your lifeline while in Kaz. I can't wait to follow your journey to our old stomping grounds. This is so exciting!