Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Just Passing Time

I have come to the conclusion that I need to keep really busy or this wait will make me crazy. So as any woman would do when she is bored I have decided to clean...I mean really clean. I called ZeroRez in to clean the carpets, tile, and air ducts. No, I am not hiring people to clean but this has given me the motivation I need. The carpets look brand new and I realized I have white grout instead of brown!!

I have had terrible insomnia since we moved in this house 1 yr ago. I swear it is something in the house and don't tell many people that to avoid seeming crazy! I take something EVERY night to sleep and my drugs of choice are Tylenol PM, Advil PM, Benadryl, or Sominex. I just finished a 7 day trial of Ambien which didn't work any better. I have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep! I am having the airducts cleaned to see if that will help...wishful thinking but I am willing to try anything!

I am trying to get in shape during this dreadful wait as well. I don't mean lose weight, but get more energy. I started yesterday by riding bikes to the park with Davis on the back. This morning I ran 3 miles and felt like I was going to die. I am the worst runner ever but am hoping it gets easier.

No, news on the adoption front other than the fact I learned I should have been collecting brand new crisp dollars from the bank along time ago. Apparently, banks are only issued new money ever so often so I might have a harder time getting this since I am late starting.

I have gotten the rest of the documents done that are needed for travel. It includes more medicals, more fingerprints, police clearance, tax returns, employer statements, etc.

Milon is concerned about his travelling b/c he will need to be in the country when we get the LOI in order to send his passport away to get our visas. I guess he will have to stop travelling maybe in August (oh darn).

2 comments:

Alysa said...

Good for you on getting in shape! Anyone who can run 3 miles sounds like they are already there!

Sorry to hear about your sleep issues. Hopefully the cleaning will resolve it for you.

As for the new bills, ask your bank manager if they can order some for you. Tell them it is for international adoption, and tell them to tell the person they order it from the same thing. My bank manager, said no way, we only get what we get, but when she mentioned why, they said, oh, of course, we've done that before. Voila! I had stacks of crisp new $100s. I'm still trying to figure out where on my person I can put it all!

Anonymous said...

You are too cute and so glad you have entered this newest info. If you don't sleep until you adopt your sweet baby girl, then you will sleep once you get her! I think it is the underlying anticipation of your family growing but no time frame or endpoint. She will be yours before you know it...and I pray she will be a good sleeper for you too! Let me know if the vent cleaning helps.
Like the bike idea, we use them at Kiawah when we visit my inlaws and Ella loves riding on the back. I would love to get one here, but the darn hills are so bad and steep, we may fall down trying to get up them! ha!
Hopefully we can get together soon, miss ya!
Love, Lynne