Monday, April 6, 2009

One More Update...Still No Pics

Leah had started to run a fever on Saturday along with increasing irritability. On Sunday, she still had a fever and I knew something was not right. I called our pediatrician but they would not see her on Sunday since she wasn't an established patient. I took her to UNC's Pediatric ER and at the time her fever was 104.5! They ran a bunch of tests and diagnosed her with a urinary tract infection! They gave her a shot of an antibiotic to get it in her system fast and we have one for 14 more days to take. They said she should be feeling better in 2 days. Whew! They also did a chest xray, stool sample for parasites (which hasn't come back yet) and whole series of blood tests. They are concerned because she only weighs 15lbs but said she could flourish in the next few months and have an explosive growth spurt. So far they see no reason for her lack of weight gain and think she could just be malnourished. It also could be parasites, but the test hasn't come back yet. They were exceptionally surprised with how active and developmentally on target she is and said that is a great sign.

Today is my first day alone with the 2 of them! Yikes! It is 7:50am and both are still sleeping! I am hoping she wakes up feeling better. Gotta run and get something done before they wake up!

1 comment:

Regina said...

Oh my goodness! Poor little Leah and poor worried mommy! I'm so glad you took her in. I hope your first alone day is going well! Please keep us posted and share a few home photos asap!