Monday, December 22, 2008

And Away We GO!

Today's the day we embark on a whirlwind journey across the world! No one slept well last night, including Davis. He was up from 3-6am. We both could not sleep either. I took Ambien and then added a dose of Advil PM on top and that finally knocked me out only to get up a few hours later with Davis. I have a feeling he is fighting a cold. He is starting to slightly cough and his lymph node is swollen on his neck. My throat slightly hurts and I have drainage. I am sure in 30 hours we will have much more to complain about!

Davis is very excited. I am not sure how much of all of this he gets. He knows we leave today and jumps up and down when he mentions it. Of course, when I asked him why he was up last night he said he thought Santa Clause was coming to our house, so who knows! I think his world is slightly screwed up right now, but it will only get worse in a few days!

I am praying the airplane ride goes well. Here is a snapshot of our trip. We leave RDU for Philly which is about 1 hr. Have an hour layover in Philly. Leave for Frankfurt which is a 8 hour flight. Have a 5 hour layover in Frankfurt. Leave for Almaty, Kaz which is a 7 hour flight. Have a 7 hour layover in Almaty before getting the 2 hour flight to Aktobe, Kaz.

Doesn't that sound fun? Especially with a 3 yr old! I am not sure who is going to be grouchier. Us or him!

Milon and I are still in disbelief. It hasn't sunk in that we are travelling today to meet our new daughter! We are so excited to see her little face and get to know her! I think once we pull up to the orphanage I will be shaking in my boots, literally! Not sure how much will be from the cold and snow and how much will be nerves! The weather looks like it will be in the 30's and snow off and on. Davis will be excited to see the snow. Hopefully, we will have a chance to play in it a little.

Well, this is officially my last post from home. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. We will miss everyone but I can say there is no place we would rather be this Christmas and New Year.

By the way, I never got a chance to do Christmas cards!

Love to all,
Susan, Milon and Davis

4 comments:

Alysa said...

OHMIGOSH!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Can't wait til you are in Aqtobe and meeting your daughter!! Wow! What a wonderful Christmas for your family.

Memories are flooding my little head already. I can't wait to read all about this fabulous event.

Safe travels,
Alysa and Brady

Anonymous said...

Finally good news! Enjoy every moment with your daughter, it's very special.
Maybe we see you in Aqtobe. We wille be back there in february.
Evi & Michel from Belgium

Anonymous said...

Hoping Davis is a flying champ! I cannot wait for an update!!!
So happy for you!
I KNEW your Christmas miracle was coming!!!!

xoxo

Alysa said...

Okay, I'm blog stalking again! I cannot wait to see an update. Hoping the trip went smoothly and you have met your daughter. The best of all Christmas gifts imaginable!!!

Have a very Merry (although probably tired and overwhelming) Christmas!

Lots of love,
Alysa and Brady (who says hello to the Baby Room 2 nannies!)