Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Arrrggghhh! November?

Our agency is guessing we will travel in early November. This stinks for a lot of reasons.
1) It is far away 2) it is far away 3) our adoption won't be complete this tax year....will have to wait until next year to get the tax credit 4) we are entering the never ending Kazakhstan holidays (see below) 5) it will be freezing 6) entering the flu, cold, sickness season 7)we will miss all the holidays! 8)did I mention it's far away??

Days off will be:
December 16 to 22
December 16th is Independence day of Kazakhstan
December 20th is Muslim Holiday Ait
December 31 to January 7
January 1st is a New Year day
January 7th is Russian Christmas

The only good news is we will be very busy between now and then. Davis' 3rd birthday is Sept 29th so we are busy planning his party. Nothing major, just some friends over for dinner and to play. Geez, I can't believe I have a 3 yr old already! We have Halloween which we are already having dress rehearsals for. Yes, we went to the park yesterday dressed as Spiderman! Milon and I are going to try and be Dr Octopus and the Green Goblin. Then we have our cousin Carson's birthday and by then we should have the LOI!! I know time will fly by so I am just trying to keep that in mind but still can't help wondering if every phone call might be "the one"!!

On a separate note, last week I started to sleep better....without any drugs!! That is huge for me! I really think I have let all of this adoption stuff go. I am at the point of being fed up and just tired of worrying if that makes sense. I am trying to focus on life (which is still hard to do but I must be doing a better job)!

1 comment:

Alysa said...

So sorry that it looks like your travel date is now at least November. You never know in Kaz-land, it might even be sooner! I feel for you on the winter/holiday travel though.

Congrats on the sleeping thing. Life is so much better after a good night's sleep! I have been waking up every night (in Kaz and since I've been home) between 3-4 and not going back to sleep. Even sleeping pills aren't helping! Very frustrating. I want to be rested when I go back next week. Grrr.