Monday, March 3, 2008

Choosing to Travel Blind

The preferred method of child selection is to travel to select and meet a child and interact and have a bonding period with the child before deciding to adopt that child. You are typically shown one child at a time and from what I have heard you only have a few minutes with each child. The intimidating part of traveling blind is we won't know how many baby girls we will be shown. All we know is they at least have 1 girl that meets our age and medical criteria. We chose this method over a referral because we would like to interact with the child rather than just have one picked out for us. We could potentially have to sacrifice age (meaning she might be a little older than 1yr) but we feel being able to interact with her and having the feeling that "She's the one" out ways age.

3 comments:

Matthew Ruley said...

Hi I just found your blog. Congrats on getting your dossier in! We too are adopting from Kaz and waiting. I look forward to following your journey.

Tosha and family said...

Just found your blog. I am sending my documents for translation this week with LMI!!!

I have had to hold every everything to wait on my home study reslicensure, which has wasted 1.5 months, and then had do re -do my docs because the dates were getting hold.....so i feel your pain!

http://lovemykazakhstanbaby.blogspot.com/

Good luck and you are getting close!!!
Tosha

Joby and Marla said...

Hey, We live in NC too! Our dossier is in translation right now. Our blog is beasleykazadventure.blogspot.com
Marla