Saturday, August 8, 2009

Yes, We are Still Alive!







We have been caught up in the daily grind and haven't had a chance to post. Leah is doing wonderful. She is walking now and says a variety of words. I realize I am a mother to a 3 yr old when Leah's first word was "thank you"...go figure. She says Poppa, Ball, Apple Juice, Momma, Dadda, Davis, Greta (which comes out like Ya Ya), Hi, Bye, and a few others. It's quite funny to go into her room in the morning and be greeted with a big "HI"!
Davis and Leah are having a great time together. It's amazing how a 15 month old and 3.5 yr old can play well together. They are enjoying each other a lot and we love to sit back and watch them have fun.
Leah has found a new freedom since she can walk and I have also! I was actually able to weed outside while she walked up and down the driveway! It sure beats having to carry her everywhere and gives her more freedom to explore.
Food is still an issue for her. The only food I have found that she reliably likes is eggs. Scrambled, hardboiled, she doesn't care. To add calories, I make cheesy eggs that are cooked in a ton of butter! She doesn't like fruit or vegetables other than avocado and will tolerate and few bites of banana. I thought for sure I was going to get a good eater from Kazakhstan but instead I think she is more difficult to feed than Davis! She now weighs 18lbs and is almost on the growth charts for weight. She is in the 10% for height and head circumfrance. The doctors are not worried because she is steadily increasing in weight and they think by her 18 month appointment she will be on the chart.
As for Milon and I, nothing much is new. Milon still likes his job and I have adapted to life with 2 munchkins. We are still contemplating a second adoption but haven't finalized where, how, who, what or when!

4 comments:

Crea-Vie said...

Hi there,
So pretty pictures of Leah! And she has changed a lot! Great to hear that she is doing so well.
Mila also doesn't eat very good. It's always a struggle to get her to eat. But maybe that will be better in future.
We hope to hear from you again soon!

Evi, Michel and Mila from Belgium

Alysa said...

What a pretty girl! Love all that curly hair!

You can just tell from the pictures that Davis just dotes on her. So very sweet!

We're still having food issues here too. Won't touch most veggies or fruit, along with many other things. Low sodium V8 juice is a new favorite though. Go figure.

I'm excited to hear you are considering another adoption. I SO wish I could adopt a sibling for Brady, but the cost of daycare for two doesn't make it possible for me.

Lisa said...

Hi,

Stumbled onto your blog and always I am delighted to see another family who has brought a beautiful child home from Kazakhstan.

We brought our then 7 mos. old daughter Lauren home from Karakastek, Kaz. in 2003 and most recently just brough a baby boy home from Taiwan(Feb. 2009, age 7 mos.) I know well the incredible blessings these children give....you have a beautiful family, congratulations!

I hope to peek back often to see your adventures with your precious son and daughter. I wish you well should you decide to adopt again! It was hard for us not to return to Kaz. for #2, but with the changes it wasn't feasible for us this time. My heart still aches for the ones left behind.

My best to you all,
Lisa

Regina said...

Oh my gosh, look how much she has changed! And that hair! Love the waves and the length. What a little button! I'm glad she is healthy now too...my hubby had a kidney stone and it was rough waters.

I guess we lucked out on the whole eating adventures thing. Milo doesn't refuse much. Maybe you can sneak some liquid vitamins into her juice or applesauce to give her a boost.

Thanks for the update. I'm so glad to see everything is going well. Hope you guys have a wonderful fall!